Favorites // January 2018 (Red Velvet, Bake Off, KOI, etc)

February 04, 2018


The first month of 2018 is over! Oh wow! I don't know about you, but for me January just seems like flying away. Once it was here and then it's February. Oh well, now that I'm recovering from my mini shock, it's time to get into my favorites for this January! Let's check them out 😉




MUSIC

The first song that caught my attention in January was this song by Primary feat. SAM KIM and eSNA called ~42. I listened this song while having dinner at Ojju and directly asked the title of it to Siri. The beat just really nice and I enjoyed listening to it so much!


The next song I accidentally found was this song by Calum Scott titled You Are The Reason. It has the vibe of those great love songs, and I was just instantly in love with it.


The next one is a K-Pop song by a pretty singer called Kriesha Chu. It's the first time I've ever heard about her, and I totally love her newest song Like Paradise. Totally in love with the catchy melodies and choreography. Check out the music video and the performance video below to listen and see it for yourself 😁


The last song that I love in January was Red Velvet's newest song called Bad Boy. It might be the last one coming, but it's currently my most favorite song which I've been putting on repeat ever since its release. It has that R&B sound that I truly love, their music video is awesome, and their choreography is simply perfect. Just writing about it makes me want to listen to it again! Check it out below if you're getting curious about it 😉




TV SERIES

I've always been curious about The Great British Bake Off because Zoe (Zoella) really loves this show. Finally, in January I got to watch it on my iflix and I truly love this reality show! I love to bake, even though I'm not that good at it yet, and watching this show kind of inspired me to bake more. I even got to learn a few things about baking from it as well. If you love baking or a Masterchef-kind of show, then I really suggest you to watch it.




INSTAGRAM

In January I found this Instagram account called @thedevoco and it blew my mind away. It's filled with writings by a talented woman, named Morgan Harper Nichols, and her writings just inspired me a lot in January. If you're looking for some encouragement or support lately, I think you should definitely check out her account and find comfort in her beautiful writings.




 YOUTUBE

For Youtube, I really enjoyed this Battle Trip episode with Solar and Moonbyul in it. I really miss watching Solar on TV ever since the last episode of We Got Married, and I was so happy to see her again. This time she's going to HongKong together with Moonbyul, and they're just simply going insane 😂 You should totally check it out for some good laughters.


The next videos I watched on Youtube were videos from FOCUS. I really really love the videos from this channel as I was looking for more inspirations on my spiritual life, and their videos are filled with such amazing speakers. My favorites including this video with Jim Caviezel (the man who potrayed Jesus in The Passion of the Christ). He was promoting his upcoming film about St. Paul, and his talk is simply amazing and powerful. Watch it below to get inspired.


The next video was a video about love. Edward Sri is the speaker in this video, and he's explaining about his book called Men, Women, and the Mystery of Love which is a practical insight from the teaching of St. John Paul II 's Love & Responsibility. It really taught me about the real meaning of love. If you want to know more about what does it mean to love, then watch the video below.




FOOD & BEVERAGES

We've finally arrived on the most delightful part of the post! Alright, where should I begin.

My first food favorites are these food from El Churro Cafe. My aunt got an IDR 100.000 voucher to dine here, and there we were. I love all the food on my table so much and the servers were really friendly and helpful.


Not long after that, I went to dine at Ojju and tried their famous Rolling Cheese Chicken Wings! My friends and I also added the Cheesy Korean Fried Rice and we loved it.


This one is one of my ultimate favorites this month, it's Salted Caramel Mocha Crumble from Starbucks. OMG! I really really really love this drink! It's sweet as all frappuccinos do, but it also has that hint of saltiness, which is really great! Totally recommended!


Now, it's snack time! I gotta admit that I really love this cassava chips from Royal Roots especially the spicy flavor one. Ever since I ate them all, I've been wanting to eat it again. I think I'm going to repurchase it real soon!


These next ones are the drink and food from the time I was spending some time at my friend's house. She made me her 'signature coffee' and also bought me some terang bulan. What a night full of treats and catching-up.


Okay, this one has been around us for the longest time, but I just found out about it recently. It's the vegetarian kebab from Doner Kebab. It's delicious, budget-friendly, and just enough to make me full.


Finally. Finally!! KOI finally has a branch in Surabaya! I was totally excited and went there to get a taste of their delicious Matcha Macchiato again.


My little brother brought home some banana cakes from Bali. It's called Bali Banana and I got to try the original and chocolate ones. Both were really delicious since you can really smell and taste the banana nicely.


Dinner time at Haryono Kitchen! It's my first time there and we were celebrating that night. I got to taste this fish & chips and had an amazing night with my friends.


Have you ever tried ice cream that is made with soy milk? I did try one last month. It's an ice cream called Lu Ve Litee from Campina. I love their Vanilla Brownies Strawberry Sauce flavor since it's sweet yet it has that sour taste of strawberry. Surprisingly it has similar taste to regular ice creams, like I really wouldn't know if it's made from soy if I didn't read the packaging. Just great 😋


Here's another ultimate favorite of the month, Nasi Goreng Merah from Mie UP Ceng. I've visited this restaurant before, but I didn't try this fried rice. If you love the fried rice from Makassar, then you should definitely try this one. The taste of it just made me got reminded of Makassar a lot. I've been eating here quite a lot within January, just to have this delicious fried rice 😋


My last favorite of this month is the Original Green Tea drink from Kako Tea. It's really yummy, especially because it has ice cream on top of it. The green tea is nice since it's rather bitter, which also compliments the sweetness of the ice cream well. The price is really friendly too, it cost me IDR 18.000 for this particular drink. They have a lot of other interesting drinks that I really wish to try soon! Please wait for my future updates 😉




Those are all the amazing things that I've been loving this January. It was such a nice first month of 2018. Hopefully this month will even be more awesome to all of us! See you on my next posts guys! 😁
CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe