10 Places I Visited in Singapore

March 30, 2016

Still with the Singapore theme, I would like to recommend a few places to visit in Singapore based on my last few trips. I've been to Singapore for four times and these are my favorite places to go:

1. Convenience Store & Supermarket
Source

I always love to visit convenience stores and supermarkets when I travel abroad. It's just fun to find those products that you can't find in your home country. There are two convenience store and supermarket that I found in Singapore, which is Cold Storage and 7-Eleven. I just really love to wander for a long time inside these stores.


2. Sentosa Island


It's basically an island for a lot of fun! You can find a lot of varied attractions on the island (find out more here). One of the attractions that I visited is Universal Studio Singapore (USS). I spent one day at USS and still didn't get the chance to ride all the rides on the park. I had a really fun day at USS! For those people who don't really like to ride the scary rides, just like me, then there are less scary rides for you too, and you can always stroll inside the merchandise stores. The other attractions that I visited is S.E.A. Aquarium. It's a really nice aquarium with a maritime museum inside of it too. I really enjoyed watching the manta rays and the jelly fishes.

For each attractions in Sentosa Island you have to buy different ticket, however you still can wander around the island. I encountered a merlion statue, Lady Gaga wax figure in front of the Madame Tussauds, and there are also beaches. I don't think one day will be enough to discover this island, but don't worry because there are hotels inside this island too. So, if you don't really want to waste your time riding the Sentosa Express or walking through the Sentosa Boardwalk every single day, then it might be an option.





Universal Studio Singapore





The Maritime Experimental Museum & S.E.A. Aquarium
Sentosa Merlion


3. Orchard


When you go to Orchard Street then it's shopping time! You can find a lot of shopping malls on this street. My favorite one is Ngee Ann City which some people will also call it Takashimaya. There is Kinokuniya Bookstore, and I also heard that the Watsons here has the most complete products. I also like to wander at ION, because it has a large Forever 21 store. You can also go to Lucky Plaza to find cheaper things.



Source


4. Marina Bay

When I visited the Marina Bay area, I usually started with Gardens by the Bay, then going inside the Marina Bay Sands building, which then will connect you to the shopping mall. At Garden by the Bays there are two different attractions that you can visit, but I never visit any of it, since I'm not a really big fan of botanical things. However, I did enjoy taking photos around the gardens area, because it has fascinating view. You can also see the Marina Bay Sands and Singapore Flyer from there. At the shopping mall, you can go out and find ArtScience Museum, other than that you can view Esplanade Building and Merlion Statue from afar.







Gardens by the Bay at night

ArtScience Museum

Esplanade Building and Merlion Park from afar


5. Bugis

There are two places I usually go when I'm at Bugis: Bugis Street and Bugis Junction. At Bugis Street you can find a lot of food and souvenirs with cheaper price, there are also a lot of clothes. However, you can't try the clothes on, since they have no changing rooms. Bugis Junction is basically a shopping mall, and I love to go to the Cold Storage there.
Bugis Street | Source
Bugis Junction | Source


6. Merlion Park

Source
Here, you will find the iconic statue of Singapore, the Merlion. This statue has the water comes out of the mouth, and it's one of the top place to take a picture. There is also a small version of the statue at the park, I called it baby Merlion. You can view Esplanade Building more clearly from here.






7. River Safari


River Safari is at the same area with Singapore Zoo and Night Safari. I really enjoyed my visit at River Safari. You can view a lot of river animals, also panda, and red panda. You can also have a boat ride, there are two kind of boat rides, and I chose the one where I could view more animals then just cruising along the river. If you go here, you will have few options of packages. You can have the options to visit between Singapore Zoo, River Safari, Night Safari, and Jurong Bird Park. I didn't visit Singapore Zoo, but I did visit Night Safari. It was quite an unique place, however my eyes hurt a lot, since it was so dark. It's also quite hard to take a photo there. So, I recommend River Safari more.








River Safari


Night Safari


8. Chinatown

Photo by William Sia

Another spot for shopping! You can find a lot of stuff for souvenirs here. The buildings here are so colorful and beautiful with Chinese lanterns all around. The food here is amazing too. More than that, you can also visit The Tintin Shop and Sri Mariamman Temple in here.

Photo by William Sia

Photo by William Sia

Photo by William Sia

Photo by William Sia

Photo by William Sia

Photo by William Sia




9. Little India

Source

Since I like to experience culture, it's a fun thing for me to visit places like Chinatown and Little India. At Little India you can also find a lot of colorful buildings and experience the culture of India. I really enjoy visiting Mustafa Centre in here, since it has a lot stuff I can bring as souvenirs, and the price is quite cheap.

Mustafa Centre | Source


10. Jurong Bird Park
Source

I visited this place around 10 years ago. However, I remember how much I enjoyed seeing variety of birds in  here. I wish I will be able to visit it again in the future. Jurong Bird Park is located in a different area with Singapore Zoo, River Safari, and Night Safari. So, if you buy a package to visit those places and this bird park, then you have to ride another MRT or Bus to reach it.


Those are a few places I enjoyed visiting in Singapore. If you have some suggestions, you might leave your thoughts or link on the comment box below. Hope it will give you some references. Have a nice day!

CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe