Snapchat: What You Will Like And What You Won't

May 18, 2016



Hi everyone! Have you tried snapchatting? Well, I just tried it last month and I must admit that I'm enjoying it. Despite my enjoyment, there are still some things that I don't really like about this app. If you're about to try Snapchat, maybe my short review here will help you getting a picture of what this app is really about. If you're already using Snapchat, maybe you will agree to some of the things I'm about to say, and maybe you don't. It's okay, people have a lot of different opinions.

So, the reasons why I enjoy Snapchat and why you will like it too:

1. Mini Vlogs
Most people I follow on Snapchat are my favorite Youtubers, like Zoe, Alfie, Anna and Jonathan Sacconejoly, etc. I feel like my Snapchat is turning into their mini Youtube/vlogging channels, which is really fun for me!! I really enjoy watching their vlogs, and now I can watch it live (or at least a few hours apart) rather than waiting for the next day after they finish editing their vlogs and uploading it to Youtube. Other than that, if you're interested in vlogging, this app could be a good starting point. You can make a vlog without needing to edit it, because the app will automatically attach all your snaps together. Doesn't it sound fun?

2. More Private
Sometimes we get so crazy over how many followers or likes we have, and since everybody else can see it, we get more and more obsessed about it. You don't have to worry about anything on Snapchat. The only person who will know about the number of your friends and views is only you. Honestly, the number of your followers, retweets, likes, etc is just a number. Don't let it stop you from being who you are.

3. My Posts are Only Available for 24 Hours
It's a good thing because sometimes there are things that I just want to share temporarily. Moreover, people won't be able to stalk about your past, since they can only see your posts from the past 24 hours.

4. Cute and Funny Interactive Filters
You might know Snapchat due to its famous dog filter. It's just one of a variety of filters that are fun and silly on this app. The filters are really unique and interactive. When you tap your face on the camera mode, then your filter options will appear. You can just slide it to the left and right. then follow the instruction to get the filters animated. I never see anything like this on another social media app. Other than that, it also has non-animated filters, which are standard color filters, clock, speed, your location, etc. Using filters has never been so fun!

Few things that I don't quite enjoy about Snapchat are:

1. I Can't Import Photos & Videos From My Library
I was quite annoyed about this at first, but now I've kinda learned to accept it. I'm not the third-party apps kind of girl. I don't really like having too many apps which connect to basically one app. It made my phone lagging and took up my phone memory. So, when I knew that I couldn't import photos from my library to Snapchat, I was quite upset about it. Now, I have accepted the reality, but somehow it's still a minus point for this app.

2. My Posts are Only Available for 24 Hours
I know it's also in my other list, but I'm kind of torn about this. I'm the kind of person who really like memories, nostalgia, opening old photos, and those kind of things. So, I am a little bit sad that I can't see my previous snaps on my profile. All I can do is downloading it and watch it next time.

3. Annoying/Scary Filters
Filters are fun, but sometimes it can be annoying too. Imagine you're watching your friends' snaps and all they do are trying the filters. It's okay if one or two people do it, but when it gets more, I just skip them all. I also don't really enjoy the scary filters, like the ghosts and monsters things. It could be fun for some people, but I just don't enjoy them.

4. It's A Little Bit Confusing to Use at First
It has a quite different interface compared to other social media and messaging apps. So, it can be a little bit confusing at first. I didn't even know how to use the filters before. I needed to ask for help. Thankfully, internet is fully loaded with the first aid. So, when you're confused about anything, just google it, and your problems will be solved.


Basically, Snapchat is a really unique social media and messaging app which is fun to use with your close friends. It can also be used to follow your favorite idols or celebrities, just like I do. Your personal social media account should be about you, what you think and what you do, not about anybody else. Feel free to express your thoughts about your experiences with Snapchat on the comment box below. I would really like to read them :)

If you're interested to see my snaps, you can add my Snapchat: degortez.
Happy Snapchatting!

CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe