Hope

April 09, 2016


"President Snow: Seneca... why do you think we have a winner? 
Seneca Crane: [frowns] What do you mean? 
President Snow: I mean, why do we have a winner? I mean, if we just wanted to intimidate the districts, why not round up twenty-four of them at random and execute them all at once? Be a lot faster. 
[Seneca just stares, confused

President Snow: Hope. 
Seneca Crane: Hope? 
President Snow: Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. A little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it's contained. 
Seneca Crane: So...? 
President Snow: So, CONTAIN it. "

This quote from The Hunger Games film really catches my attention. I think it's because this quote makes me thinking about life. How sometimes our lives are driven by hope. When we can see even the smallest possibilities to our goal, we will try our hardest to achieve it. It's similar with the Hunger Games concept that was made by President Snow. He didn't kill every tribute directly, because he wanted to give the hope. There was still that chance to be the only winner/survivor, so the tributes did everything they could think of (despite the fear) to survive. It's cruel of him, but sometimes life is just as cruel.

In our daily lives, we will have some ups and downs. When we're all the way up, everything is okay and beautiful. The problem is when we're getting to the bottom. When we're feeling depressed. When we're feeling like nothing and no one could ever cheer us up. I've been through this situation, and some of you might have been as well, and I told you it was horrible. I hate it.

There were times when people put all their expectations on you, and when you're not able to keep up to them, you just feel like you're useless. Sometimes people can also be so judgmental about you, and that's never going to be the best feeling either. I was so distracted of what other people think that I started to lose myself. I didn't know what to do with my life anymore, because everything I was doing seemed so wrong to other people, that it affected my way of seeing my life too. I felt like I had these weights on my shoulder. Sometimes, life is getting harder. We all must have experienced this kind of hardship in life.

How can we go through this kind of situation? Hope.

The hope that this too shall pass, and great things will happen eventually.
The hope that these things happen for a reason, there will be lessons to be learnt.
The hope that we will become stronger than ever, and someday we will tell these stories with a smile on our faces.

Hope could come from various ways, like friends, family, or unexpected events, and many more. But hope could also come from our way of thinking. Having a positive attitude plays an important role to heal ourselves from the many obstacles of life. Everything starts from within ourselves. It is hard to persuade ourselves to be happy when we're actually not, but if you just keep trying, it will be worth it. By having positive mind, you can find hope by yourself. You must keep on trying to find hope, even when you can't seem to find one.

Because hope will give you purpose.
Hope will help you see even the narrowest path in life.
Hope will give you strength to not be afraid with your problems anymore.
Hope will be able to keep you going through life, no matter how hard it is.

I'm not really over all the problems that I had yet, but I choose to just live my life and pray. Keep going and doing my best in every situation. I have this hope in my heart, that someday this struggle will be all worth it, and I believe it will be.

If you're facing a tough times right now. Just remember to find hope. No matter how hard it is, I know you can do it! Good luck with life, friends!

CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe