My Day at Big Bad Wolf Book Sale Surabaya!

November 06, 2016


When I heard the news about this event, I decided that I need to be there, SOON!

Okay, So what is Big Bad Wolf Book Sale? Well, it's clearly a 'book sale', but what kind of books were available and how big the sale was going to be? After doing browsing through the web, I found out that there were a lot of imported book to be sold for almost 80% discount. This amazing news made my curiosity grew even much more wilder. So,yeah, I decided to have a "short" visit to this event.

This event was held last month (October 20 - 31, 2016) at JX Expo. When the event is officially opened for public, I remembered witnessing the enthusiasm of public from social media platforms. Almost everyone I know was going there. Since, I'm already a book worm myself, of course there was no way that I would miss this spectacular event.

I had a visit on the weekend, and I spent around 6-7 hours there (didn't really count), and I know I could do more, if only it wasn't getting late so fast. There were a lot of people there! I even met some of my university friends by accident, which was fun to see them again after such a long time! And of course I saw lots and lots and LOTS OF BOOKS!

Here are some books that I wish I could buy, but I decided to just have a snap:


Yes, mostly are Christmas books. Now you know how much I love Christmas :p

Here are some photos of the situation at the event:


I was so grateful that they got a place to store your selected books and leave them for a while. My friends and I were getting hungry with all the book hunting, and decided to fill our stomach with the food from the food court area on the second floor of the venue.


These are our hunting results:


It was a really fun place to be, since I love books so much and there were a lot of books there (do you get my point? :p). The only thing I found a little bit disappointing was the fact that they only accept maximum IDR 150k purchase with cash. So, if you bought books worth more than IDR150k you needed to use your debit or credit card. What made it even worse, they banned the usage of debit card from the bank that I use. At the end, I just paid my friend who used his debit card to pay our books.

Okay, so I only got four books in this event and here they are:



- From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess by Meg Cabot
- Mr Miracle by Debbie Macomber
- One Bowl Baking by Yvonne Ruperti
- Inspiring Places, A Multi-level Creative Coloring Book

I love them all and I have no regrets on buying them.

Overall, this event was really fun (except for the payment method). I really wish they will held this event or any other similar events like this in Surabaya again. Are you also one of the people who visited this event? Share your stories and the books that you bought on the comment section below, because I would love to know!

See you on my next post! Make sure to follow my adventures in my Instagram account as well ;)
CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe