Film Review // Finding Dory

June 20, 2016


Last weekend, I got a chance to watch this movie with my friends. We originally wanted to watch The Conjuring 2, but the cinema studios were full for this film (sudden relief, lol). So, we bought the tickets to watch Finding Dory instead on IMAX.

I have always been a fan of Disney and Pixar films, so I was really curious of how this movie would turn out to be. Before this movie started, there was a short film called Piper. I will start writing my review with this short film first. I won't give any spoilers about the story line, because some of you might want to watch it for yourself. I will just give the general ideas of both films.


Piper


My instant response was: "Oh my gosh, this little bird is sooo cute!!". The technology is amazing, with lots of blurry background which makes the audiences focus more on the characters. What I can learn from this short is that when you're afraid of something you shouldn't keeping your fear as it is, you should try to find a way to fight it. At the end, you and the people around you will be so proud of how far you've come :)


Finding Dory


It was a hilarious film with amazing ups and downs throughout the story. You will feel the excitement, the sadness, the confusion, and a lot of emotions which Dory and her pals are experiencing in this film. There are a few lovable new characters like Hank the octopus, Destiny the whale shark, Bailey the beluga whale, Dory's parents, the sea lions, the otters, and even the loon bird Becky. These new characters make me laugh a lot while I was watching this film.

The most memorable quote from this film for me is about how plans don't always work wonders. We never plan to meet our friends or lovers, we never plan for a wonderful unexpected things to happen. We don't need to plan everything, sometimes being spontaneous is also really good. It can bring us to a lot of new things we never plan on having or experiencing, because it just happens spontaneously. I am a hardcore planner, I like to plan things. So, this film makes me realize how everything doesn't need to be planned perfectly. Sometimes, all you need to do is just keep swimming, or in our case just keep going. Just observe what's around you, and choose your next step.

I really recommend this film for you who want to have some entertainment and laughter with your family and friends. All you need to do is just sit, relax, and enjoy the film. I will give this film a 4 out of 5 rate, since I really love the story, the animation is wonderful, the characters are really alive and funny, and it has a really great message for all of us.

Don't forget to go watch it!
CN.


Here's the trailer for a little sneak peek:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe