My Personality Test Result

July 25, 2016


Hello, guys!
So, yesterday I once again took another test from my most favorite website ever 16 Personalities! This website provides an online test to see your personality based on the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), which is a famous assessment to determine someone's psychological preferences and personalities. I usually take this test once within a few months, just to find out more about myself and see how much I've changed. Today, I want to share my result with you as a way for you to get to know me better, and see if we maybe share the same personality! Here is my result:


As you can see, I'm an INFJ-T described as 'The Advocate'. After you get to know what is your type, then you can read more specific information about your personality type. There are eight parts to explore about your personality type on this website: Introduction, Strengths & Weaknesses, Romantic Relationship, Friendships, Parenthood, Career Paths, Workplace Habits, and Conclusion. I really love the test from this website because it's really accurate, and reading the explanation of the result will get to know myself a lot better.

After this I will break down some of the things that I think match me well. If you want to get to know me more, you can keep reading. But if you're reading this because you're just wondering what kind of test that I took and wanting to try it for yourself, then I will not be offended, and you can just take the test here. Don't forget to share your result on the comment box below though, because it would be great to know ;)

So, here are some sentences from the result that pretty much described my personality.


Advocates tend to see helping others as their purpose in life, but while people with this personality type can be found engaging rescue efforts and doing charity work, their real passion is to get to the heart of the issue so that people need not be rescued at all.

Helping others brings me a lot of satisfaction about my existence. However, when I try to help others, I always try to make sure that next time they will be able to help themselves too.

People with the Advocate personality type enjoy finding the perfect solution for someone they care about, and this strength makes them excellent counselors and advisors.

I can't lie. I really love it when people come to me and tell me about the problems they're dealing with right now. Not only it makes me feel less lonely realizing I'm not the only one who has problems, but I also feel really satisfied and happy with myself after succeeding helping others. I just feel my existence becomes more useful.

Advocates indeed share a very unique combination of traits: though soft-spoken, they have very strong opinions and will fight tirelessly for an idea they believe in.

I find this sentence really similar to me. When I have a vision or an idea that I believe in so much, I just can't let myself cross it. For example: I'm really against the idea of cheating and helping others to cheat, when someone asked me to help them sign their attendance on a college class when they weren't actually joining the class, I just said to them as nicely as possible that I just couldn't do that kind of thing. When it's about something I truly believe in, I can talk about it for hours and won't be easily shaken, as long as my conscious tells me that it's right.

Advocates find it easy to make connections with others, and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact. It makes sense that their friends and colleagues will come to think of them as quiet Extroverted types, but they would all do well to remember that Advocates need time alone to decompress and recharge, and to not become too alarmed when they suddenly withdraw. Advocates take great care of other’s feelings, and they expect the favor to be returned – sometimes that means giving them the space they need for a few days.

Some of my college friends were thinking that I was an extroverted person. I never thought anyone would ever say that to me, since I'm a true introverted person at heart. But, I do can get a little bit extroverted when I'm in charge and have to lead a group of people. I'm the kind of person who hate to be left alone when entering a new surroundings. So, when I'm in charge, I make sure no one will get lonely when entering my new team. I will keep talking to them until they feel comfortable enough with the new surroundings. But, there are times when I just need to be alone with my thoughts, and there are days when I just don't feel like talking or socializing with anyone.

Advocates see how people and events are connected, and are able to use that insight to get to the heart of the matter.

I love problem solving. Seeing the connections between some things doesn't seem like a really hard thing to do for me. I just find the core, then analyze it to find the best way to take care of it well.

People with the Advocate personality type are highly vulnerable to criticism and conflict, and questioning their motives is the quickest way to their bad side.

True. When someone's criticizing me with some logic that I just can't understand, I will feel like they're attacking my vision and get defensive really fast.

Advocates are all but defined by their pursuit of ideals. While this is a wonderful quality in many ways, an ideal situation is not always possible – in politics, in business, in romance – and Advocates too often drop or ignore healthy and productive situations and relationships, always believing there might be a better option down the road.

If my boyfriend read this, he will definitely agree that these sentences describe me precisely. I just can't help being idealistic and perfectionist about it sometimes. I just can't believe that there is no other way to achieve this 'ideal', all I think about is that people are just getting lazy and say 'this is life, deal with it.' Don't worry though, because I still embrace the reality and know that not all the ideals are possible to come true, at least not anytime soon.

Advocates like to know that they are taking concrete steps towards their goals, and if routine tasks feel like they are getting in the way, or worse yet, there is no goal at all, they will feel restless and disappointed.

I really hate the feeling of having no goals at all. It's like I have no reason to live. That's why I always live based on the goals that I want to achieve in life. Whether it's the big goals or just small daily goals, it doesn't really matter. I just need some things to chase.



Maybe I will stop it here, because if I keep writing, it will be wayyy too long. If you want to know more about me and if you think you're an INFJ too, you may want to read more about it here. Otherwise, if you don't think you're an INFJ, don't forget to take the test and share your personality below!

I always encourage my loved ones to take this kind of personality quiz, because I love to understand them a bit more. So, after taking the test make sure to ask your loved ones to do it as well!
Happy Monday!
CN.


P.S.
Some of the famous Advocates including:






These people are legend!! Hope I can be as good as them too someday  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe