Food Travel // Lamington

May 14, 2017


Hello again everyone! Sorry, I've been disappearing for quite a while, but now I'm back!
Today I'm going to share with you my experience of trying the hyped Pontianak culinary souvenir called Lamington. It's a business owned by the famous Glenn Alinskie and when it's available in Surabaya I just had to buy some to try.

It's available while the All The Festival market event was held at Galaxy Mall Surabaya during the Easter weekend.


I bought two flavors: Red Velvet and Pisang Coklat:


I love how thick the fillings are, however the cake was quite sticky for me. I enjoy the Red Velvet one more because you can really taste the delicious red velvet flavor. While the Pisang Coklat is mostly chocolate flavor with a just a hint of banana flavor. Sometimes you can even only taste the chocolate flavor. I was quite disappointed since I love banana flavor, thankfully the cake is still delicious anyway. If I got a chance, I would really love to try the original and the green tea flavor too.


Lamington is supposed to be an Australian cake made from squares of sponge cake coated in an outer layer of chocolate sauce and rolled in desiccated coconut (Source: Wikipedia). So, it was quite strange to see it as a souvenir from Pontianak. But, with the late trend where celebrities creating a culinary business for souvenir and mentioned the product as the special product from one particular city, I guess I just have to go with it. Let's see how many products like this will appear in the market, shall we.

What do you think of this culinary phenomenon within Indonesian society? Have you tried out the similar products following this trend? Or maybe you've also tasted Lamington? Leave me some of your thoughts in the comment box below! 

That's it for now and see you on my next post! :D
CN.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yuk join bersama poker899,vip dapatkan promo yang menarik di poker899, penasaran apa aja promosinya? buruan bergabung langsung bersama poker899 ^_^

    LIVE CHAT : www,poker899,vip
    WHATSAPP : +855884660017
    LINE : POKER899

    #POKER899 #POKER899VIP

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe