Travel Diary // Bali #2

January 27, 2017


Part 1  |  Part 2  |  Part 3 (coming soon)

Let's continue my story about my vacation to Bali last month. If you haven't read the first part yet, then you might want to click the link above to read it first :D

The story in this second part will start on my third day in Bali. It was New Year's Eve, and we were so excited to have our culinary adventure that day! We started our day with breakfast at the hotel. I didn't really eat anything, I just had a spoon of this fried rice. I knew I would eat a lot, so I was saving the space in my stomach for later.


We still rented a car that day, but since the street in Kuta would be closed at late afternoon, we can only used the car for half the day. Our first destination of that day was a souvenirs shop called Krisna.


It's such a famous place to buy souvenirs when you're in Bali. There are more than one Krisna stores in Bali, so you can choose the closest one to you.

After we're done here, our next destination was Titiles. This place is famous for its pork sausage. Unfortunately, I forgot to take some pictures there, so you might need to Google it if you want to know more about this place. If you love anything pork, then you're gonna love this store.

After we're done buying stuff for our family and friends in Surabaya, it's now time for our culinary adventure!

The very first restaurant we chose to visit was Warung Babi Guling Pak Malen.


For your information, I'm not a big fan of pork, but this one, I LOVE IT! Mainly because it's so spicy and you know how crazy I am over spicy food. After I went home, my little brother, who doesn't like pork either, said the same thing about it. So, even if you don't like pork but you love spicy food, you will really enjoy this. One complete meal of pork will cost you around IDR 40k.

As you can see on the pictures above, this place is so crowded since it's so popular. Thankfully we didn't need to wait that long to get a table. I heard some people wait for about an hour, before they got a table. How lucky we were :)


Right after we were done at Babi Guling Pak Malen, we went straight ahead to Wahaha Pork Ribs which located just a few buildings besides Pak Malen.


It had a rather different vibe than Warung Pak Malen. I can feel that the food here was going to be much more expensive.


Ribs aren't really my thing. Mostly because I love boneless food. That's not the case here, though. I didn't really enjoy the ribs because it was sweet and sour, maybe if it was much more salty I totally would enjoy it more. All of my friends love it, though.

We got a freebie because we liked their Facebook page and shared one of their posts. So we buy one and then get another one for free. I totally forget the name of the food, but I remember I liked it more than the ribs.


There's no way you can have a culinary adventure without dessert! So, we went to this famous gelato place called Gusto Gelato and it was insanely packed with people!


I've never seen a queue for gelato as crazy as this one. Check these pictures by yourself to see that I'm not exaggerating here.


My friend and I shared a small cup of this ice cream, we each got to choose one scoop of our desired flavor. I wasn't really able to see all the flavors (wish they have a big board with their ice cream flavors written on it), so I randomly chose anything that caught my eyes. The lucky flavor that I chose was Gianduia which had a dark chocolate taste that I love. My friend chose the delicious Pralindo which, as you can guess, has a praline taste.

My other friends also ordered another cup, but I already forgot the flavor they got at that time.


It was quite a struggle to get our ice cream and yet it was also another struggle to find a table to sit. Luckily, after waiting for a while, we finally got a table!


There were also some tables outside, but we chose to stay indoor.


After we're finished, we were taken back to our hotel before all the streets at Kuta were closed. We had a little resting time at our hotel before we ventured out around Kuta and Legian by foot.

The next place we went was to Flapjaks! It's my own personal favorite (and my boyfriend's), that's why we just needed to get here while we're in Bali. I wish it will finally open some outlets in Surabaya soon.


My friend had this delicious-looking Waffle, while I chose to have the pancake. I shared the pancake with my boyfriend, because we just ate too much already for the day. It was really delicous, though, loved it! However, the price was much more higher than the last time we visited this place in 2015, so I was a little bit disappointed. But since it's just so tasty and also they got me a 2017 calendar (which now I'm using at my office), I got over it.


When we were looking at the window and saw how beautiful the sky was, we decided to got out of Flapjaks, walked directly to the beach, and took a lot of pictures. See how beautiful the sky was:


After that we just wandered around Kuta and Legian where we can see the New Year's Eve vibe was building up. You can hear all the trumpets, all the glowing hairband, people were gathering around the beach, fireworks, they were all just so new to me. I've never celebrated New Year's Eve outside of my hometown, away from my family. It was so strange yet exciting at the same time.

After walking for hours, we decided to rest our feet at Burger King (yes, we went to Burger King again, on my defense it's a different branch though :p).


These were all we had that night:



Okay, so I think this post might have been a little bit too long, so I'll just end it here for now. Don't worry there will be one final post of this story! Just wait for it! ;)

Thank you for reading and see you on my next post!
CN.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Featured post

2018 Reflection // Why I'm in Love with This Hot Mess Called 2018

Wow, my blog has become dusty and full of spider webs for these past 6 months. I'm really sorry for being gone just like that for ha...

Instagram

Subscribe